PARENTS OF SENIORS and/or SENIORS: Please take a few minutes to complete this form with your Senior, attaching photos, and sharing answers so the entire community can celebrate our students. (Click Here)
Senior Spotlights will be posted on the Eagle County School District Facebook and Instagram accounts, so be sure to follow and celebrate the Class of 2023!
– Facebook: www.facebook.com/eagle.schools
Beginning in May, Senior Spotlights will be posted in the order submissions are received. Please only submit the form ONCE per graduate. Responses may be edited for brevity and clarity by either the school district or the Vail Daily. If the photo submitted is unable to be used, we will use the student's Student ID photo.
Senior Final Exams: Wednesday, May 17th (Periods 0-3); Thursday, May 18th (Periods 4-7)
- Each course at EVHS is expected to give a comprehensive final exam. For the Seniors their exams will include coursework up until these dates.
Senior Checkout Day: Fri, May 19th (Last Name A-Loe); Mon, May 22nd (Last Name Lof-Z)
You can take your Google email and files with you. Click here to find out how . or Copy content from your school account to another account.
- All school and athletic fees must be paid prior to checkout
- Teachers will confirm receipt of classroom materials and completion of coursework.
- Students will have a deadline of 72 hours before graduation ceremonies to confirm they have met all of the criteria to graduate (9:00am on Wednesday before Graduation). This is especially true of online classes. EVHS has no oversight or responsibility for the completion of online classes. If students cannot produce a transcript grade showing they have completed a required course for graduation at least 72 hours prior to the ceremony, they will not be allowed to participate.
- Students who are early graduates will need to complete this process in the fall.
Scholarship Luncheon: Sunday, May 21st @ 12:00noon in the EVHS Cafeteria
- Because of the many community partners that provide scholarships to our students, this is a place to recognize those students receiving money and the local organizations providing funds.
Required Graduation Rehearsal: Wednesday, May 24 @ 8:00am in the EVHS Main Gym
- ALL Seniors are REQUIRED to attend this MANDATORY rehearsal.
- Anyone not in attendance will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony. Work, family issues, or other conflicts need to be resolved prior to this date as they will not be considered valid reasons for missing the rehearsal.
- This year we will combine Moving Up Ceremony and Banquet Night celebrations as part of the rehearsal. Please wear your college gear on this day and be prepared to be both inside and outside for the rehearsal and tailgate party.
Senior Honors Night: Thursday, May 25th @ 6:30pm in the EVHS Main Gym
- Awards, cords and honors presented to Seniors through academics, activities, athletics
- Seniors will be invited who are receiving recognitions; all others are welcomed to attend
Graduation Ceremony: Saturday, May 27th @ 9:00am at Hot Stuff Stadium
- Graduates needing makeup pictures in their caps and gowns should report at 7:30 am.
- ALL graduates need to report by 8:00am in the EVHS gymnasium. The early reporting time for Seniors is to accommodate taking a class picture and getting lined up before the ceremony.
Participation: the graduation ceremonies are a time honored event. Technically all events including graduation itself are optional and not required to receive a high school diploma. As such Seniors need to understand that their attendance and behaviors will be taken into consideration for the privilege to walk in the ceremonies. Excessive unexcused absences, tardies, and disciplinary actions will result in being removed from participation in graduation events.
Speakers: at graduation we will have up to four special speeches. The Valedictorian and the Salutatorian will have the opportunity to address the class if they choose. There will also be a faculty speaker that is chosen by class vote for who they would like to hear from at their banquet night as well as graduation ceremony. Finally, there will be auditions for class speakers who can be chosen for either the banquet or graduation ceremony as well.
Legal Name: your name as it appears in PowerSchool and all other legal documents related to school will be the same name that is used for your diploma, name reading at the graduation ceremony, and alphabetical seating assignment.
Seating: seating at graduation is done in alphabetical order by last name as it appears on your official high school diploma.
Diplomas: will be handed out after the graduation ceremony at a table outside of the stadium. Students will be given a diploma cover that is empty inside when they walk across the stage. It is the graduate’s responsibility to pick up their actual diploma and student records. Diplomas are printed with your full legal name to remain consistent with other legal documents.
Graduation Recognitions: the following will be recognized at graduation with medals, stolls, cords, or by designation in the program.
Medals = Valedictorian & Salutatorian
Stoll = CMC Associates Degree
Cords = Honor Graduates (4.0 and Above), National Honors Society, National Forensics League, Quill & Scroll, National Art Honor Society, Tri-M Music Society, Seal of Biliteracy, AVID
Designation in Program = Valedictorian, Salutatorian, Honor Graduates, National Honors Society, Students of Staff Members, Seal of Biliteracy
Graduation Caps & Gowns: DON’T forget to order your cap and gown. You can’t graduate without the proper attire! Caps and Gowns will be delivered in April during lunch. Please contact Herff Jones directly with questions. Call: 970-663-2668 or Online: https://www.herffjones.com
Seniors will have a choice between black or white gowns. It does not matter which one you choose and you will have the option to select either one when ordering.
The only thing that can be shown as decorations on the gown are the medals, cords, or stolls provided by EVHS to honor graduates.
Students WILL BE allowed to adorn their caps with personalized items. Please be considerate and don’t make the cap decoration a distraction to the ceremony.
Dress Etiquette: For the Senior Honors Night and Graduation Ceremony it is expected that students dress appropriately for these time honored and significant community events. “Business casual” would be the minimum expectation for student attire.
Men: khakis, trousers, collared shirts, button-down shirts, dress shoes.
Women: khakis, trousers, dresses, skirts, blouses, sweaters, dress shoes.
What not to wear: hats, t-shirts, jeans, shorts, tennis shoes, flip-flops.
Inclement Weather: In the event of significant inclement weather, we will postpone the ceremony in 1 hour increments until we see the weather clear. We will announce this postponement 30 min prior to the ceremony. Please check our website and Facebook for updates. Thank you for your understanding and support of this amazing event.